Before we get you started with your details, please read through this page to make sure you have everything you need to complete your application online.
This application system should be used to apply for an
- A level Programme
- Extended Diploma in Art, Fashion or Photography
- You will be unable to submit your application unless all parts are completed.
- You will not be able to save your application part way through and then return at a later time.
- We need to contact you with an email address that you have access to as this will be used to communicate with you during the application process and for enrolment.
- Your details will be held securely on our servers for as long as the details are of purpose.
Before you start you will need the following to hand
- The name of the local authority in which you live e.g. Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin.
- Your Unique Learner Number (ULN) and Unique Candidate Identifier (UCI) if you have been given these (you will be able to leave these fields blank).
- Your predicted or actual grades, which will be checked with current school or college.
- Details of two emergency contacts and their relationship to you e.g. mother.
- Your choice of up to four subjects that you are considering studying at SSFC which will be discussed with you at interview. This choice can be changed up to the point of enrolment in August, however please be aware that first choice places are given at enrolment and other subject changes are subject to availability. Where there is a subject with both an A level and vocational qualification eg. BTEC please only select one option, then your other 3 subjects.
- Information on any learning support issues you would like us to know about.
- Please read our privacy notice below for a simple explanation of what this all means to you.
Learning Records Service Privacy Document (PDF)
- Our data protection document gives you details of how we will look after and process your data given to us.
Data Protection Document (PDF)
What if I don’t know if I want to do a subject as an A level or vocational qualification?
For an academic level 3 programme you can select up to 4 A levels or a number of A levels plus a single BTEC Certificate in Business, Health and Social Care, Applied Science or ICT.
Where there is an option for either an A level or BTEC Certificate in the same subject (Business, ICT/ Computing and Science) select either the A level or the BTEC and the choice you have made and the alternatives available will be discussed at your interview.
Please be aware that you can only study one Art related A level. These include Fine Art, Photography, Textiles and Graphics.
If you are applying to study a Vocational Art course you only select one subject as this is equivalent in size to three single A levels. These courses are Extended Diplomas in Art, Fashion or Photography.
If you would like to apply for both an A level programme and an Art, Fashion or Photography Extended Diploma this is allowed as part of one application. You will be able to decide which route you take before enrolment. Please be aware that you cannot take any A levels alongside an Art, Fashion or Photography Extended Diploma.
If I apply online and then change my mind about the subjects I want to study, what should I do?
You will be able to amend your subject choices during your course discussion interview which are normally held between January and March of the year you are applying for. Please do not attempt to submit another application.
If I apply online and then change my telephone number / address / email etc, what should I do?
Please give your new details to our Admissions Team - firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01743 235491.
I don’t know what subjects I want to study yet, what should I do?
The choices you select now are not definite. You will be able to change your choices during your course discussion interview. Please do not submit another application.
What will happen once I've applied?
Once you have submitted your online application form, you will see a message on the screen stating that it was submitted correctly. A confirmation email will be sent immediately to the email address you give on the application form.